WB 4000 is a 12-clamp high speed perfect binder.
WB 4000 is PUR ready and can be equipped with PUR kit either roller or slot die application system. The PUR gluing system is available in the form of specially coated melter and applicators for PUR binding with Alta Pail ™ melting system and EP48 slot die from Nordson™
Salient Features :
- In-feed for feeding book-blocks; can be optionally connected to a PickWel Gatherer.
- 12 Book clamps travelling in an oval shaped path, where the spine is in line with the crucial binding station.
- Centralized clamp adjustment for book clamps
- Variable speed of operation from 1500 to 4000 books per hour.
- Continuous flow of clamps with “No Book-No Cover” system.
- Milling station: With combination milling knife having notching, roughening and sanding devices.
- Dial indicator provided to measure depth of milling.
- Cylindrical brush (with suction) to remove dust from spine area before gluing.
- Removable glue station. Easy to clean and maintain.
- Three roller gluing system with reverse spinner; accurate head & tail end cut-offs to avoid adhesive squeeze out. Measuring dials provided for height adjustment.
- Gluing Options: Specially coated melter and applicators for PUR binding with Alta Pail ™ melting system and EP48 slot die from Nordson™.
- Separate side gluing station with tank and horizontal gluing discs. A thin & even layer of glue is spread along the side adding value to the book finish. Width of side glue is adjustable.
- Built in EVA hotmelt tank (of 25Kg capacity ) for spine glue.
|Spine Length (Max)||140-440 mm (150-350 mm in line)|
|Spine Thickness||3-50 mm|
|Book Width||150-300 mm (150-250 mm in-line)|
|Cover size (Min)||210 (100-10-100) x 150 mm|
|Cover size (Max)||650 (300-50-300) x 440 mm|
|Air requirement||3cfm at 8 bar|